Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Off we go!

Well turns out im getting another chance to burn overseas. This time with two of my friends. Marky and Kev, who were my housemates this year. I'm very glad to get another chance to go on another adventure. So here is a brief rundown.

The travel itinerary is as follows:

Fly to America; dominate University.
Find a way to Canada; dominate some mountains and some school kids.
Go to Frankfurt; find something to dominate.
Jet to London; get paid to dominate some 'much ruder than Canadian' kids in a classroom.
Fly to Beijing and demand they have the Olympics a year early so i can dominate them too!!

I leave on Jan 13 and come back in December (11 months for the mathematically challenged)



I am also setting myself some goals for this trip. I'd love it if people could ask me how i am going with them and remind me to get my act together. Doooo it.

The goals I am setting for myself for this trip are;


  1. Commit to and get involved in a church
  2. Breathe air 3500m above sea level at least once and Hike at least 3 other big mountains
  3. Play on the University raquetball team (and score a free flight somewhere)
  4. Not eat one piece of American meat
  5. Go to an AnswersInGenesis conference
  6. Hit at least one North American birdie (on the golf course you thugs)
  7. Memorise one book of the Bible (I stole from my cousin)
  8. Go puddle skimming on a boogie board
  9. Put on no more than 22pounds (10kg)
  10. Convert somone to either AFL, the metric system or degrees celsius
  11. Remind my English friend Sally who has the ashes
  12. REDUCE ParentDebt
  13. Read properly The Master Plan of Evangelism
  14. Drink a Budweiser beer (for free)
  15. Keep y'all up2date wid was goin' down in da hood (write at least once a month)
  16. Keep Marky from getting in any fights
  17. Win 007 for 2007
  18. Finally finish writing and publish a book

If I can get all that done I will be a very happy chappy. Well its time for me to go and do something useful, AKA: Watch the Aussies dominate some more Cricket.

Hopefully I catch up with most of you before I nick off to "the land of the free (food and accomodation) and the home of the brave"

Andrew Lorimer


PS: As i was cleaning up the house I noticed I have 78 shirts, how ridiculous! Over 60 of them are tee shirts!! If anyone needs a shirt feel free to take 10 or 20.


1 comment:

Kevin said...

19. Go to Derek Webb concert with Kev in Bolivar, $5 advanced purchase, free if successfully posing as a Southwest Missouri Baptist student. But that would be dishonest. 28 March.

As for point 7., Jude or Psalms ;)

And lastly, might I say how turned on I am by the graphics of this blog - what a visual pleasure!!! It's beautiful! How did you get it?